The following Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") has been developed by Sideline Software, Inc. ("Sideline") to aid in your overall experience with the Myfantasyleague.com service (the "Service"). While using the Service, you agree to not violate any of the following sections of this AUP:|
In addition, you shall also abide by these following guidelines:
- Illegal use. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Harm to minors. Use the Service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another. This includes, but is not limited to, material deemed abusive, libelous, defamatory, bigoted or racially offensive.
- Obscene material. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that might be deemed obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent. While we do not actively scan the site for such material, we do reserve the right to remove said material as we become aware of it.
- Fraudulent activity. Use the Service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to promote, advance, or solicit any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
- Terrorist activity. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) or resources (or to conceal or disguise the nature, location, source, or ownership of material or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- Forgery or impersonation. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements). Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person or entity through the use of forged headers, password mining, or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers ("munging" headers) in forum postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Use the Service to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
- Viruses, et. al. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that contains software viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Unauthorized access. Use the Service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Sideline's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or trademark infringement. Use the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of personal data. Use the Service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the services. Reselling the Service without Sideline's prior authorization.
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Use the Service for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service. This includes, but is not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) and "script kiddie" attacks against any of Sideline's hosts or individual user. Interference with or disruption of any of Sideline's servers or other network network equipment is prohibited.
- Message boards. You should use your best judgment when posting to any message board, either an individual league board or the Sideline support message board so as to not offend anyone. You should familiarize yourself with basic message board netiquette before posting. On the Sideline support board, the posting of off-topic messages and commercial advertisements are prohibited. You may also only cancel messages that you create. Sideline may cancel any postings which violate this AUP.
- Exceeding web site size and traffic limitations. You effectively receive free disk space for use with your league (to use for logos, icons, custom HTML code, etc.) limited to various predefined file size values. If you abuse the system to exceed a reasonable amount of disk space for your league, Sideline has the right to suspend and terminate your account and your league.
- Current information. You shall be responsible to contact Sideline to report any changes to your email address so we can update our customer database.
- Backup procedures. In the event that one or more owners are unable to access the Service, you shall institute operational backup procedures to manually accommodate these users. You shall not hold Sideline responsible for network access problems caused at either the customer's on-premise location or the Internet's infrastructure. These policies include, but are not limited to, submitting weekly lineups, performing transactional moves (waivers, trades, etc.), and drafting.
- Statistics. We make every effort to verify the data we receive, however, as we do not generate the statistical data ourselves, we cannot ensure uninterrupted and error-free service. You should read and understand our Statistics Life Cycle document explaining what you can and cannot expect from our statistics.